Tuesday, February 21, 2012

our cottage by the bay.

I've had quite a few requests for views of our little place here in the bay of San Francisco, and so it is high time for a visual update. The last time you saw this place, it was naked & full of our smallest hodge podge of furnishings. Sadly, the better half of our items were sold before we arrived, knowing very well that they wouldn't fit into our new teeny space. But in the last 6+ months, we've moved on ..and haven't looked back.

Well, Ikea sure knows what they're talkin about when it comes to furnishing a space the size of a descent closet. Combine that with the friendly pricing and cute selections of target, and my old friend Emilie Jayne- the charming second hand store of SLC- and we've got ourselves a home. A gracious mention goes to some donated authentic Mexican end tables to the cause of cuteness from my parents house in Baja. I must say, 400 square feet is more than bearable when it looks like this. (;

Also, the sizey yard (which is by far larger than our entire interior mind you) is definitely the lifesaver here. Hippo would otherwise go insane. And my freshly sprouting green thumb would wither away. The cilantro has never had it so good.

And my final thanks of the post go to... our first tax return that was not pitifully small due to studentdom. What a glorious day your arrival was. I couldn't have done it without you.

Sincerely,
A budding designer & homemaker.

Be ye warned, I am NO photographer... alas, I gave it my best.
Welcome to our home.






PS If you know anything of designers or the design process, then you know very well that this is 'To be continued...' indefinitely. (;

That said, we love it, and our little life here. Feel free to impose any time... that sofa's a sleeper, so if you need a getaway to San Francisco (and you don't mind bulldog farts), you know who to call!

11 comments:

Jen Lehr said...

Omg! I loooove what you have done to your place! Uhm.. I might just take you up on that offer :) I miss you buddy!

Michelle said...

Did you get the folding chairs for the kitchen island? Are they hiding tucked up behind the door? Love ya!

Lindsay Rondo said...

looks great! i especially love your bedding!

Anonymous said...

You did so good girlfriend!! Only YOU could turn that little place into a haven! I LOVE your bedroom. Looks so airy and calm. Way to be!

Park Interiors said...

Looks great!! I love those side tables in the family room!! So cute

Emily M. said...

hooray! love it girlfriend! it's perfectly blue! :) and, your bedroom is A.MAZING! i want to take a nap on your bed...... in the most, unawkward type of way. :) I love your TV console too!

Sarah Roads said...

So cute and cozy, I actually love small spaces. You've done a great job at turning it into a home!

Francesca said...

The bedroom is my favorite.

sarah savage said...

looks great, air! you made your tiny little space look fantastic! i love all your little pretties scattered throughout the house and i especially love your bed.

kylie said...

oh my goodness. your place is a dream! please come revamp mine! ... once i get a new place hehe (withOUT ugly carpet)

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

omigosh - you must share (pleaseeeeeeeeeee) where you got that silhouette art of Hippo!!!! LOVE IT