Tuesday, April 26, 2011

soul surfer.

*the real Bethany Hamilton, and actress AnnaSophia Robb

Going to go see the movie today. I'm excited. I've always found Bethany Hamilton's story to be inspirational and I'm excited to get to hear a little more about it.. and watch some awesome surfing.

Speaking of watching awesome surfing and Bethany.. once upon a time I went to Lowers (a surf break in San Clemente, CA) with an old boyfriend. I often tagged along to watch this young man shred, and on this trip in particular he paddled out with none other than Bethany herself. It was chilling and so amazing to watch her surf, 1 arm and all, in person.

I'll never forget it.



And just in case you were wondering, I like to keep a cage between myself and the sharks. I'm on the right, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I saw Soul Surfer this weekend and thought it was really cute.