Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1st & 2nd Point.

It was a week ago. I ate crap and fell in my driveway on the most ROCK SOLID - I'm talking.. INSANE PIECE OF FREEZING SMOOTH GRANITE/LIMESTONE/WHATEVER - gnarly hard surface you can imagine, and landed precisely directly exactly on the smallest square-inch of my patella (knee bone). And in that moment I transported myself in my mind to my piece of heaven. The getaway. The 18 hour drive - WORTH it - sanctuary. The trip to the best tacos de pescado, y olas, y siestas (fish tacos, waves, & naps for you non-mexi travelers).. you could ever dream of. A place where the sun kisses your skin and leaves you feeling like melted butter. We'll pretend that feels amazing.

THIS PLACE..
via surfforcast

This is my heaven. I'm there in my brain right now.
If you've seen that first picture in real life... then you KNOW the breath taking feeling I'm talkin about. It's of "1st point", and the other shot is of "2nd point" at Scorpion Bay.. and they are both a dream come true. Eventually, Andrew is going to do a canvas oil painting of Scorpion for me. It's going to be jynormous.. and it'll live in our living room. I can't wait. But I guess I will have to... while I also wait for my bulldog. If they came at the same time I just may poo myself.

In other news, school started today and I am just not ready. I'm still squeezing the last drops from the fruits of my vacation time. I'm trying to pretend that Andrew really hasn't gone back to school (although I'm BEYOND MYSELF excited that this is the LAST TIME he will "start" school EVER AGAIN), and instead I imagine us building puzzles tomorrow with my sisters & brothers in law, doing the most retarded things to get the most beautiful human on the planet to laugh (the human also known as Beckett), playing ping pong, and going for a drive close enough to SEE the ocean. Seeing is enough for me. Every time I leave my parents home, my heart skips over the speed bump.. while I cross my fingers that the marine layer is non-existent for that moment, just so I can SEE IT. And I kid you not, the wet air got the memo this last trip, because the whole vacation I got to fill up my "ocean view from the hill" cup. And it is definitely HELPING.

It was wonderful.. but, I can't help but wonder when I'll see it again next. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the ice rink they called 'roads' here. Because this most likely will be our last.winter.ever. in Utah (shock & awe, followed by high fives all around). So I'll be sure to sneak a peak at as many 1am silent snow storms as I can (those are my favorite.. the ground SPARKLES!), and then file them away in my memories somewhere happily. Or in my Christmas boxes, to be pulled out each year from now on, to turn my house into a white-winter-wonderland. (:

So there you have it. My wanderlust self. Life just feels kind of surreal right now, and I'm trying to take it all in. Where we are, where we've come from, and where we'll end up. I've decided though that I'm going to try to just think in the now. Enjoy the journey, right? So what am I most excited for THIS DAY? These next few months? (that counts as now, right?) A design internship. A fun one. Wish me luck!

Oh, and I'll be sure to take advantage of my sorels while I still can these next few months. They definitely add to my love of winter.

I should have been wearing them the day my knee made out with the floor outside.
Most likely could have avoided that.

No comments: