Friday, April 17, 2009

Creme au Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos (pronounced 'roy.bus') is a naturally caffeine free herbal tea from South Africa. And just as wonderful, is the caramel flavoring of this mixture. My friend Kelsie showed me the joy that this tasty libation can bring, and HOLY COW am I hooked!! Oh and don't you worry, it's got at LEAST twice the amount of antioxidants that green tea provides, it's healing to the skin, aides in digestion, relieves nausea, lowers cholesterol, and is proven to help with insomnia. AND SO MUCH MORE.. (these are all facts that the local South African woman from ProTea Cottage told us.. we like her.) She even told us (upon seeing Kelsie's pregnant belly) that it is "sooo good for the baby" and that in South Africa they usually feed it to the infants during the hot days of summer.
Now I ask you, why NOT sip at this beverage?!
Anyway, I like mine iced & latte style (it sure is insanely scrumptious with a dash of milk & caramel). I want one now! I plan on buying some bags so I can brew it myself. ..Kels, let's go! (:

{info via here, image via here}

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Bring a tin home! YUM!! I'm a sucker for a good herbal tea. : )