Friday, March 6, 2009

Thanks, Mom

Here's a sweet little back story on yours truly that my mother wrote while counting her blessings..
Just thought it'd be fun to share with you all..

Arica Malace Monroe-
"..was born May 18, 1987 by c-section. I was not quite as sick during this pregnancy. There were a few months in the middle that the nausea was less, and for that I was so grateful. Ashley showed signs from about 7 months old that she wanted a play mate, and so I was so happy that our second child was a girl and that my girls would have a sister...something I never had. Arica was such an easy and happy baby for us. Despite her constant sinus infections, she was a delight. Her name was very significant Arica-after her dad, and Malace was my mom's name combined with my grandma's name. The two women in my life that meant the world to me. It seemed like hers from the moment I came up with it. Everyone has loved it, from when they hear it and even more when they know the symbolism. Oh how I am so grateful to have Arica in my life. She is one of my dearest friends. She has grown into such a wonderful women and daughter of our Father in Heaven. How blessed I am to be her mom!"

..love you too, mom!

3 comments:

Ashley & Matthew Lisonbee said...

That was so tender. How are you doing? Would you and Drew like to come for dinner and family night on Monday? Mom is in town and just thought it could be fun. Hope all is well.
Luvs,ASh

Chris said...

aww.

Michelle said...

Love you Brown Bear!

<3 mom