Saturday, January 10, 2009

Costa Vida

Here's the deal. My boyfriend really loves what he considers to be a "Mexican food salad" from Cafe Rio & Costa Vida. Now, we (myself being a Californian especially) understand that first of all, these are NOT, I repeat NOT Mexican food places. Now that that is understood, I would like to take Cafe Rio out of the equation. Costa Vida has decided to implement what they consider the 'Baja surf' lifestyle into their un-Mexican like food chain. Now that's all fine and dandy, and to be honest this isn't a complaint, it's actually more of a 'thank you.' ..I'll get to that in a moment..
Now why they feel the need to hang expensive surfboards on the ceiling, & play surf movies on their big screens in a land-locked state is beyond me. ..but I'll take it. It may mean nothing to most Utah'ns, but it actually feeds my fuel tank and warms my soul. For those few moments I stand in line, or the time I'm taking to eat my food at one of their tables.. I just so happen to feel at home.. sort of. Well, I enjoy a good surf flick at the bare minimum.
So thank you Costa Vida, for being much out of place, in a place where us land-locked surfers could really use your hospitality and food.

The end.

6 comments:

Chris said...

OH man - I miss real mexican food!

Erin Hoy said...

We went to Costa Vida in Oregon and we really liked it for what it was worth! Doesn't beat a slimmy beat up Mexican place with REAL mexican food, but it was good.

Cafe Rio on the other hand I did not care for...

:)

tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said...

Mmmmmmm! that really makes me want a Cafe Rio salad! I hope we still go on a double date sometime! :)

quietrope said...

I totally know what you mean! Here in small town utah we have the Cafe Rio, and Costa Vida, and a place just called Mexican Food. None of which actually serve mexican food. Then there is this place in a that is never really packed. The waiter and cooks only speak spanish. Thats when you know you have hit jack pot. Real mexican food! But no one here likes it. They all say it tastes bad. What do they know! It's perfect mexican food. It's delicous! Utahans just don't know.

Michael Monroe said...

Hear, Hear! It's just sad to have to explain this concept to people so repeatedly.

Michael Monroe said...

Blast... I'm not Keith Monroe... I'm Mike!